24 Mar The Importance of Upgrading Your Commercial or Industrial Switchboard
Whether it is industrial or commercial, your switchboard is the electrical heart of your business. Without your switchboard working in good condition, you cannot perform your daily operations effectively.
There comes a time in which industrial and commercial switchboards will need upgrading, and in this article, we’ll talk about the importance of upgrading your switchboard as well as going through some of the tell-tale signs that you need an upgrade ASAP.
The Effects of a Malfunctioning Switchboard on Your Business
If your switchboard is malfunctioning, it can cause several problems, often in the form of power trips. This can cause your daily operations to halt and for your profits to experience a decrease. And that is why it is so important to call in a professional electrician should you be experiencing any issues with your switchboard. Yes, upgrades can be expensive, but nothing compared to the costs involved if you had to leave your switchboard to malfunction.
Signs That Your Switchboard is Due for an Upgrade
It’s important to pay attention to the warning signs that your switchboard and electrical system may be giving you.
- Your switchboard is very old and has ceramic fuses. This is usually a sure sign that it cannot handle modern electrical loads and needs to be upgraded. Not many switchboards operate with fuse boxes instead of circuit breakers, but you should call your electrician if this is you.
- The equipment in your shop or factory will short circuit. This means that the switchboard cannot handle or meet your electrical needs and demands, and an upgrade is in order.
- You’ll notice flickering lights. This can be an issue with the bulbs themselves, but it is often an indicator that something is wrong with the switchboard.
- Does your switchboard look very overloaded with messy wiring? This is not a good sign, and it can lead to a variety of other issues. The workmanship of the previous electrician may have been poor. And now you need to take steps to fix it if you want your switchboard to work properly.
- Any general issues you are experiencing with your electrical system usually points back to your switchboard.
Are you looking for an electrician to handle your commercial or industrial switchboard upgrade? Get in touch with the professionals at Power Electrical today! We can handle all of our industrial switchboard needs, including maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and installations.